> Letter C
C is for
Crafts > Homemade Toys
Colors > Green
Holidays and Events >
*Jan. 26th > Australia
*June > Zoo and
Oct. 21st > Reptile Awareness Day
Music > Numbers
Little Crocodile Song & Finger play
children 18 months to 6 years old
* Print your choice of crocodile puzzle: Stage 1, 2,
3 or 4
* These can be laminated for durability.
* Recycle magnet sheet (from promotional items, like calling
cards) and glue to the back of the puzzle pieces to use metal
surface (refrigerator door and such).
* The animal puzzles are designed to grow with your
* We recommend that you include one or a combination of the following
activities prior to using the puzzle:
* Read a book or online
story that has the
animal in the story or is the main character.
* Discuss some simple facts about the animal.
* Mimic the movements or sounds that the animal might make.
* Suggest to the children to give a special name that starts with the first
letter in the animals word. This will make the animal puzzle
more special to the child and reinforce the alphabet letter.
* Ask what colors are in the animals body.
1. Alphabet Letter C:
C is for Crocodile
Activities and Printable Materials
2. Music / Finger play:
Five Little Crocodile Song and Finger play
After one of the above activities:
* Present the puzzle to the child and allow child to put together
and show briefly the small image on the upper left corner of the
template so the child has a glimpse of the finished puzzle.
* Write letter C in upper and lower case in different places of
the pieces (or letter in your language of choice). Have the
children search for the hidden
letters in the puzzle pieces.
* Encourage child to store puzzle away after s/he is done
(see recommendations for storage below)
Tips on how to store the
* Glue or tape the
small image (in the left-upper corner of the template) to an
envelope. You can use those large left-over greeting card envelopes (from Christmas for example)
usually these are bigger or create custom made envelopes by
folding a piece of paper in half, close sides with tape.
* Note: We do not recommend plastic zip lock bags
since these are a suffocation hazard to children.
Storage Box Project:
* Use a large shoe box and cover and decorate if you desire with
wrapping paper and/or animal stickers. Place the puzzle in
in the shoe box
without a lid so children can reach and store easily.
Another method is to recycle manila folders and make folder games
and attach the envelop to the folder.
* Encourage children to put the puzzles back in an envelope once
they are done using them, and put back into a special animal
or plastic box. Enjoy the puzzles!
Crocodile Printable Puzzles:
18 months to
to 24 months approx
2+ to 3 years approx
3+ to 4 years approx
4+ to 6 years approx
* Printing the templates
on heavy duty card stock works best
* Cut and save the small image in the left upper corner of
the template, refer to the instructions for using this image.
* To make the puzzles more durable cover with clear contact paper.