> Letter H > H
is for Hare
Animals > Mammals
> Hare [or
Colors > Brown
Toys > Animal Progressive Puzzles
children 18 months to 6 years old
Print your choice of the hare: Stage 1, 2,
3 or 4
These printable animal puzzles are designed to grow with your
We recommend that you include one or a combination of the following
activities prior to using the puzzle:
1. Read a book that has the
animal in the story or is the main character -- related activities
in the Hare
2. Discuss some simple facts about the animal - visit this
activity - Learning
about Hares and Rabbits.
3. Mimic the movements or sounds that the animal might make
4. Recommendation: Give a special name that starts with the first
letter in the animals word. This will make the animal puzzle
more special to the child and reinforce the alphabet letter, for
example: Hoppy the Hare.
4. Ask what colors are in the animals body.
After one of the above activities:
1. Present the puzzle to the child and allow child to put together
and show briefly the small image on the upper left corner of the
template so the child has a glimpse of the finished puzzle.
2. Alphabet Practice: Write the letter H h one or two
times in each puzzle piece and ask the child to search for the hidden
3. Encourage child to store puzzle away after s/he is done
(see recommendations for storage below)
Tips on how to store the
* Glue or tape the
small image (in the left-upper corner of the template) to an
envelope. You can use those large left-over greeting card envelopes (from Christmas for example)
usually these are bigger or create custom made envelopes by
folding a piece of paper in half, close sides with tape.
Note: We do not recommend plastic zip lock bags
since these are a suffocation hazard to children.
Storage Box Project:
* Use a large shoe box and cover and decorate if you desire with
wrapping paper and/or animal stickers. Place the puzzle envelopes
in the shoe box
without a lid so children can reach and store easily.
* Encourage children to put the puzzles back an envelope once
they are done using them, and put back into a special animal
puzzle box box
or plastic box.
Enjoy the puzzles!
Hare or Jackrabbit Printable Puzzles:
18 months to
to 24 months approx
2+ to 3 years approx
3+ to 4 years approx
4+ to 6 years approx
* If you print on regular
paper you need to glue unto a harder surface such as card board
from a cereal box, or the thin carton in shirt packaging and then
cut with sharp scissors (adults only)
* Printing the templates
on heavy duty card stock works best
Cut and save the small image in the left upper corner of
the template, refer to the instructions for using this image.
* To make the puzzles more durable cover with clear contact paper.