Holidays & Events > Jun > Zoo and Aquarium Month | Aug 10th > World Lion Day | Dec 27th > Visit the Zoo Day
Lion Printable Puzzles | Homemade
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
Lion Printable Puzzle
18 to 24 months approx
2+ to 3 years approx
3+ to 4 years approx
4+ to 6 years approx
Letter L Lion printable activities
Printing on card stock is recommended
Laminate for durability
children 18 months to 6 years old.
Print your choice of Stage 1, 2,
3 or 4
These printable animal puzzles are designed to grow with your child abilities.
We recommend that you include one or a combination of the following activities prior to using the puzzle:
- Read a book that has the animal in the story or is the main character -- related literacy activities in the lion theme.
- Discuss some simple facts about the animal > visit this activity > Learn about Lions.
- Mimic the movements or sounds that the animal might make - hopping.
- Give a special name that starts with the first letter in the animals word. This will make the animal puzzle more special to the child and reinforce the alphabet letter, for example: Leo the Lion
- Ask what colors are in the animals body
- Present the puzzle to the child and allow child to put together and show briefly the small image on the upper left corner of the template so the child has a glimpse of the finished puzzle.
- Alphabet practice: Write the letter L l one or two times in each piece and ask the child to search for the hidden letters in the puzzle. Review letter L Lion lesson plan.
- Encourage child to store puzzle away after s/he is done (see recommendations for storage below)
Tips on how to store the puzzles:
- Glue or tape the small image (in the left-upper corner of the template) to an envelope. You can use those large left-over greeting card envelopes (from Christmas for example) usually these are bigger or create custom made envelopes by folding a piece of paper in half, close sides with tape.