Cherries and Cherry Tree Theme Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
Make sure to have a selection of cherries to show
and present to the children:
1 > Topics > Health and Nutrition > Plants
> Trees > Cherries
- A cherry is a small, round fruit that grows on a tree.
It is red, yellow, or purple in color and has a hard pit (seed) in the
- It is a kind of tree or shrub of the rose family grown for
its showy flowers, its sweet or sour fruit, and for lumber.
- The wood of the cherry tree.
for fun nutritional facts, snacks, and recipes
Activity 2 > Story time > Historical Legends > The
Cherry Tree and George Washington
Character Education > Honesty > Read the fable of The Cherry Tree and George Washington written by
M. L. Weems.
Activity 3 > Consonant
Digraph Ch Cherries printable activities
Activity 4 > Cherries Theme Crafty Ideas
Dress a Tree with Cherries
Cherry theme coloring pages: [click on images to print]
1. George Washington and the Cherry Tree 1 o 2
(read & print the
and bunny rabbits
and picnic scene
- Select a coloring page.
- Have children color the image first.
- Children can decorate
the tree with "cherries": painted fingerprints
(poster paint or washable ink pad), red round stickers or red
paper cut-outs using a small coin as a template.
- Have children add five or ten cherries in clusters.
- Have them count them to
practice numerals and number order.
Cherries placemat or hat > Print this cherries page in
color or to
- Placemat > Cut out and have children make a collage
placemat on green construction paper.
- Hat or crown > cut a strip of green construction 3-4 inches
wide to fit around the head. Have children paste the
cherries. Older children can write Ch or numbers
inside the cherries.
Other uses for the cherries template: counters, nametags,
or to decorate a large bulletin board cherry tree (name of the
students on it) or large calendar numbers.