Alphabet > Letter L |
Animals > Mammals > Lion
Printable Activities |
Holidays & Events >
Jun > Zoo and
Aquarium Month | Dec 27th
> Visit the Zoo Day
Activity or Party Sets >
This printable set can
be used for story time, for small "parties," at home, child
care centers and preschools in any other related theme. The
sets are available in color or black and white so the children can color and decorate them.
This set complements an alphabet letter presentation for L
is for Lion.
Activity Play | Party Set Templates Description:
The items on the activity set are labeled #1 to #4 . Here is a description of the
items and suggestions on how to use them.
#1 Felt board character | hand puppet | large stand-up
- Felt board character: Attach a small piece
of sand paper to the back to use on a felt board. Optional: laminate for durability.
- Hand puppet: glue or tape a wooden craft stick or unsharpened pencil to the back.
- Large stand-up figure: Glue or tape against a
toilet paper tube.
- Party bag: paste to a standard lunch bag and
fill with the other activities.
#2 Name tag | Mini flash card (small rectangular piece)
- Name tag: Use as a name tags for
Example > divide a group of children and have half of the
group wear the lion name tag and the other half the mouse name tag for The Lion and the Mouse fable. Each group will dramatize the lion actions, roar and the
mice will squeak and play the part of the mouse. A small piece
of masking tape works well to attach to clothing.
- Mini flash card: Write the animals name or beginning letter:
lion or mouse in your language and use on
the flannel board or have each child wear one.
Ideas: The same activity mentioned above can be conducted and
the cards will focus the children on the printed words.
#3 Small stand up figure | small hand puppet | paper
cup sticker | scrapbook
- Small stand-up figure: cut a
4"-5" inch x 1" inch strip of card stock to form a tube and tape or glue to the back of the image.
- Small hand puppet: tape or glue a craft stick
- Paper cup sticker & scrapbook: tape to a standard paper cup
for snack time fun or use on a scrapbook.
#4 Finger puppet or pencil decoration (smallest oval + finger
- Finger puppet: Glue the small
oval to the middle of finger strip. Wrap around index finger to fit, cut excess paper and tape in place.
- Pencil topper decoration: Use hole puncher on the top and bottom of the oval, insert pencil through bottom front hole, slide up to the top hole, adjust at the top of the pencil. Place a small piece of tape on the back.
Lion Activity or Party Set
Black & White
Letter L Lion
* computer paper and/card stock
* something to color with