Caterpillar crafty printable activity to help children identify and learn letter C (hard C sound), colors, the circle shape and numbers one to nine. This activity is suitable for preschool, kindergarten and early elementary grades. Visit related themes for additional resources and activities. The caterpillar is formed within a letter C.
- white paper, or
- light blue paper or lightweight construction paper sized to fit computer for background positioning template
- coloring tools for the B&W template
- glue stick
- Print templates needed. A 1.5 inch circle punch/cutter can be used for circles template.
- Paste color circles on the positioning template starting with the head to form the letter C.
- Count out loud the smaller circles within the larger circles that represent each number.
- Discuss colors and count the SIX tiny legs/feet of the caterpillar, insects have six legs.
- Caterpillar to butterfly theme lesson plan
- Use with a caterpillar picture book, such as The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
Complementary or related printable activities:
1) Adjust margins if you have trouble fitting the template on one page, review Print Help for suggestions.
3) Click on the image in the bottom half of the screen to make that frame active. Then use the print function on your browser to print the active frame.