Alphabet Letter A Aquarium
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter A.
Children age 3 and under:
* Print a letter A coloring page in Standard block or D'Nealian font and an aquarium coloring image behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter A words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter A's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter A's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color and decorate the aquarium. Write the word aquarium on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+: Letter A sound (short sound) > Present the Letter A Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter A's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter A's: Have the children find all the letter A's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Discuss other letter A words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display posters and coloring pages or even make a letter A classroom book. Visit Letter A Alphabet Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter A Word Search Game & Handwriting Practice: The four and eight word search game features an aquarium (fish tank) and letter A words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw an an aquarium scene behind the lined paper or print an an aquarium coloring page to color and decorate after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: The upper drawing box represents the aquarium.
Activity 1: Aquarium Craft: The Bottom of the Sea
Activity 2: Five Fish in a Bowl (aquarium or fish bowl)