Alphabet > Letter C > Ch Digraph | Animals > Birds > Farm > Chicks | Chicken | Nutrition > Protein group | Holidays > Various events | Seasons > Spring | Autumn
Consonant Digraph Ch Chicks
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Animals > Birds > Farm > Chicken
Visit the chicken theme for animal information, crafts, stories, and nutrition about eggs and poultry.
Alphabet Activity > Consonant Digraph Ch Chicks | Chicken
Present, display and distribute your option of Digraph Ch printable materials listed in the materials column.
Children age 3 and under:
* Print this Consonant Digraph Ch coloring page in D'Nealian or standard block font and a chicks or chicken coloring image behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other Ch words found on the worksheet and word search.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing: Using your selection of worksheet, trace digraph Ch's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color digraph Ch's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the chicken coloring page and write Ch and the word chicks or chicken on the margins. Idea: provide a few feathers to paste on the image.
Children Ages 3+:
Present the Consonant Digraph Ch Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related Ch words.
You can also display Digraph Ch posters and coloring pages or make a Digraph Ch classroom book. For related Ch images visit: letter C printable activities.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace digraph Ch's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the Digraph Ch's: Have the children find all the digraph Ch's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first. Color the images.
Advanced independent handwriting practice - advanced kindergarten and above:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a chick or chicken behind the page or print a chicks or chicken coloring page to color and decorate with feathers after handwriting practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw and color chicks or a chicken, paste some feathers to the body and write digraph Ch ch.
Consonant Digraph Ch Coloring page
Hanwriting Worksheet Standard
Digraph Ch Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Drawing & Writing Paper
Chicks | Chicken coloring pages
(decorate with feathers)
1) Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
2) Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.
Letter C -- Birds > Farm > Chicken/Chick >