Holidays & Events > May 4th > Int'l Firefighter Day - Oct > Fire Prevention Week
Alphabet Letter F Firefighter
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
- coloring & writing supplies
- sheet protectors for handwriting worksheets for repeated use
Community Helper > The Firefighter:
Review the topic of the firefighter as a community helper. Present the main responsibilities of their occupation and how important their job is to the community.
- Firefighter describes career, duties and equipment @ knowitall.org
- What does a firefighter do? @ teachers.scholastic.com
Visit the firefighter and fire prevention theme for additional resources, activities and crafts.
Alphabet Activities > Letter F is for Firefighter
Present the color poster and select the activities of your choice.Children age 3 and under:
Trace letter F's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Children can trace and color the letter F's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the image. Write the word firefighter and fire on the finished coloring page.
Handwriting worksheet tips:
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly.
During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Have the children find all the letter F's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them.
Children ages 3+:
Letter F words: Letter F Worksheet Program and Mini-Book can be used as part of program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
You can also display letter posters and coloring pages or make a letter F home or classroom book. For related images visit: Letter F printable activities.
Letter F Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four and eight word search game features the word fire (featuring a firefighter) and letter F words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw and color a firefighter behind the lined paper or select and print a firefighter coloring page to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a firefighter and practice writing letter F f.Firefighter and fire safety coloring pages
Letter F coloring page
Letter F Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Handwriting
Drawing · Writing paper