Related > Trees · Holidays & Events > Apr > Nat'l Garden Month - May > Flower Month · Seasons
Alphabet Letter F Flower Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Science > Plants > Flower
- The part of a plant that has petals and that makes fruit or seeds; blossom.
- A plant that puts forth blossoms and that is grown for its beauty.
- To flower > verb > To blossom or produce flowers. Cherry trees flower every spring.
Visit the flower theme to present educational activities and crafts.
Letter F coloring page
Letter F Worksheet & Mini Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Handwriting
Drawing & writing paper
Flowers coloring pages
Trace the month word
- coloring & writing supplies
- Optional: sheet protectors for worksheets
Alphabet Activities > Letter F is for Flower
Present and display your option of letter F printable activities in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
Print letter F coloring page D'Nealian or Standard
Block font and the child's birthday
flower or a generic
or seasonal flower coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using paints to
decorate later. Discuss other letter F words found on the worksheet.
Finger Tracing: Trace letter F's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter F's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the flower coloring page and write letter F f and the word flower and underline letter F.
Children 3+ and older:
Present the Letter
F Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read
suggested instructions for using the worksheet
and mini-book. These materials can be used as part of Letter F program of activities
to reinforce letter practice and to identify related F words.
Discuss other letter F words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display letter F posters and coloring pages or make a letter F classroom book. For related images visit: letter F printable materials.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter F's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly.
Find the letter F's: Have the children find all the letter F's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first.
Pracice colors: The image of flowers showcases primary colors: red, blue and yellow, and secondary colors: green, orange and purple. We encourage you to use the color poster to guide your color practice. We recommend doing a guided activity with the coloring images.
Letter F Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The eight word search game features a flower and letter F words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable
lined-paper and encourage children to draw a flower behind
the page or select the child's birthday
flower (write child's month, day and year of birth) or a flower
theme coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw and color a flower or flowers and write letter F f. Visit this visual arts lesson to make a flower theme still life painting.