Holidays & Events > April is National Frog Month | Seasons > Spring
Alphabet Letter F Frog
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter F. The presentation
ideally should be part of frog
themed activities and/or crafts.
- coloring & writing supplies
- Optional: sheet protectors for worksheets
Letter F coloring page
Letter F Worksheet Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Handwriting
Drawing | Writing paper
Frogs coloring pages
Alphabet Activity > Letter F is for Frog
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print a letter F coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block and a frog coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter T words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter F's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter F's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the frogcoloring page. Write the word frog on the margins.
Ages 3+ to 6: Alphabet - beginning sound letter F
Present the Letter F Worksheet and Mini Bookprogram. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used as part of Letter F program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related F words.
Display letter F posters and
coloring pages or make a letter F classroom book. For
related images visit: Letter F Printable Activities.
Incorporate high-frequency words that have letter F such as: for, five, from when composing sentences for the mini-book.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter F's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter on the poster. Invite the children to do the same on the worksheet.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter,
and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the
letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want
to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the
number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter F's: Have the children find all the letter F's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first.
Letter F Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four and eight word search game features the frog and letter F words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw and color a frog behind the lined paper or select and print a frog coloring page to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a frog and practice writing letter F f.
Letter F -- Amphibians >