This is a fun way to practice or introduce the letter G, and
color purple. Yummy, juicy, scrumptious and groovy
This is also a wonderful activity to celebrate nutrition and
Activity > Learn about grapes
A grape is a small juicy fruit, with a
smooth skin that is in various colors, some are green, red or
purple. Grapes grow in bunches on woody vines, called
We can eat grapes raw, or drink the
juice and make jelly/jams and fruit spread. A raisin is
any dried grape. A currant is a dried Zante grape. Grape leaves are also edible
Concord grapes are dark blue to purple
and are used to make the most popular grape juice and jelly, a staple
food in the U.S. Concord grape jelly is typically used to make
peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
The recommended daily intake of fruit for children is one 1 to 1 1/2
cups a day. 1/2 a cup of raisings is approximately 16 grapes.
Grapes ripen towards the end of summer where they grow best; the
peak harvest continues into fall (autumn). A cornucopia (horn of
plenty) is often filled with grapes and other fruit and vegetables,
and it is associated with Thanksgiving and the autumn harvest.
A fun way to eat them is to wash them, take them of the bunch, and
@ Simple English Wikipedia.org
Activity > Craft > Groovy Grapes Craft
Have fun putting Groovy Grapes together:
* Print Groovy Grapes craft template in your choice of color or black
* Print the G is for Grapes color
* Present the G is for Grapes color poster to the child and
explain that grapes are a fruit, and the benefits of eating
fruits. Grapes can be violet, green, and many other colors.
Tell the child Grapes starts with the letter G. Other words
that start with the letter G: giraffe, goat, goose, game,
Now tell child s/he is going to make his very own G Groovy
Grapes Fruity Buddy to remember the letter G.
* color and decorate template pieces
* cut template pieces (younger children need assistance)
*2-3 year olds:
1. Write the letter G g (in upper case and lower case) on the grape template (body) on the desired locations for
pasting the template pieces.
2. Have child put dots of glue on the G g's you printed on the
3. Give the pieces one by one to the child to place over the G g's
on the grape template.
*3 and older: Do steps 1 and 2, and then allow them to
do as much as possible by themselves.
Take a snack break: Eat grapes and dip on grape
Activity > Alphabet Letter G Grapes > Review and present letter G grapes printable activities.
Coloring page Activity for
G is for Grapes
- Cut 2 large
grapes in half and use them as stampers to paint the
- Mix different hues of purple by mixing purple with
red or make different tints adding white or black.
- Make three shades in paper plate or show child how purple
is achieved by mixing red and blue. Use green with a brush or fingers for the leaves.
- Place color poster, coloring page and Groovy Grapes in a place of
honor in a grouping, refer to it during the week.
> Character Education > Literacy > Aesop's
Fable > The
Fox and the Grapes >
Print, read and discuss the fable. Discuss what is a fable.
Activity > Bible > John
15: "I am the Vine; You Are the
This activity is appropriate for Sunday school, at home or
vacation Bible school.
Letter G Grapes printable activities
Letter V Vine
color or b/w.
Grapes coloring pages
Grapesvine or vineyard
* something to color or paint with.
*glue or glue stick
*green paint for leaves
*cotton ball or small sponge