ideally should be part of house
or home activities and crafts.
Activity: House > What does it mean?
- noun - a building in which people live. A human habitat temporary or long-term. The neighborhood has houses and parks.
- noun - the people who live in such a building: house-hold. Our house has four people.
- noun - a building that is used for a particular purpose, such as a house of worship, coffee house, etc.
- noun - the audience at a particular event. There was a large house for the graduation ceremony.
- verb - to provide room and board or living quarters for. The university houses students at its campus.
The meanings of home:
- noun - The place where a person or animal lives. I got home and prepared dinner. The forest is home to many animals.
- noun - The house, apartment or other building in which a person lives. His home has three rooms.
- noun - The center of a person's family life. Home is where the heart is.
- noun - the country, town, or other area where a person lives or grew up.
- noun - a place where people who cannot take care of themselves live and acare cared for. Our town has a group home for the elderly who have no family.
Alphabet Activities > Letter H h is for House or Home
and display the color poster and distribute your choice of coloring
page for a first introduction for younger children or extended
handwriting practice tracer for advanced Pre-K and higher.
The image on the printable activities focuses on the upper case letter. Show the children
how the letter H is part of the house.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace the
letter H's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the
letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring
page. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter. Demonstrate the direction and numbers on the arrows that help them trace the
letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out
loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order
aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter H's: Have the children find all the
letter H's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle
or trace/shade them first.
Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color
letter H and the image with a variety of materials.
Letter H words: Letter
H Worksheet and Mini Book These materials can be used as part of Letter H program of activities
to reinforce letter H practice and to identify related H words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet
Discuss other letter H words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display H posters and
coloring pages or even make a letter H classroom book. For
related images visit: Letter
H Printable Activities and make your choice.
Letter H Word
Search & Handwriting Practice: The six-word search game features a house and letter H words with
pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable
lined-paper. Have children draw and color a house behind the lined
paper or select and print a house
coloring page to color after writing practice
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw
and color a house and practice writing
letter H h.
this alphabet set
Worksheet & Mini Book
D'Nealian & Standard
Search & Handwriting
| Writing paper