Alphabet Letter L Lily
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities, Craft and Worksheets
Display and observe real lilies for this presentation or visit a florist
or plant nursery.
Activity > Science > Plants > Flowers > Learn about the Lily (Lilium)
- A lily is a plant that grows from a bulb and has large flowers shaped like bells or trumpets. Examples: Easter lily
- The flower of this plant.
- Any of several similar plants or flowers, such as the daylily (not true lilies).
- The Lily of the valley is the birth flower for the month of May, and also known as Our Lady's Tears for the Virgin Mary. The flowers are white. In Christian symbolism, it is the flower of the Resurrection and the Virgin Mary (Our Lady's Tears). It represents purity, chastity and innocence.
Letter L coloring page
Letter L Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & writing
Drawing | Writing Paper
External link dltk-holidays.com
Handprint Lily craft
Learn about Flowers craft showcasing daylilies
- coloring & writing supplies
- Optional: sheet protectors for worksheets
Alphabet Activity > Letter L is for Lily
Present and display your option of printable materials listed in the materials column.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter L's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page (first presentation) or handwritingpractice worksheet.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters, and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the image in the coloring page or worksheet.
Find the letter L's: Have the children find all the letter L's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Letter L words (initial consonant sound): Letter L Worksheet and Mini-Book > These materials can be used as part of a Letter L program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related letter L words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter L words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display other L posters and coloring pages or even make a letter L classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit Letter L Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter L Word Search & Handwriting Practice (select four word version): The four-word search game features a lily and letter L words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to: (choose an option)
* draw and color a lily behind the page or
* print a lily coloring page to color and decorate
2. Drawing and writing paper Encourage children to draw and color a lily and write letter L l.
Lily coloring pages:
1. Handprint Lilies Craft at dltk-kids.com
2. Learn about flowers craft > a wonderful craft to learn about how plants grow, showcasing daylilies.