Alphabet Letter L Lily
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities, Craft and Worksheets
- coloring & writing supplies
- sheet protectors for worksheets
Display and observe real lilies for this presentation or visit a florist
or plant nursery.
Plants > Flowers > Learn about the Lily (Lilium):
- A lily
is a plant and name of the flower that grows from a bulb and has large flowers shaped
like bells or trumpets. Examples: Easter
- Any of several similar plants or flowers, such as the daylily
(not true lilies).
- The Lily of the valley is the birth flower for the month of May, the flowers are white. In Christian symbolism, it is the flower of the Resurrection and the Virgin Mary (Our Lady's Tears). It represents purity, chastity and innocence.
| Alphabet Activities:
Children under age 4:
Print a letter l coloring page and a lily coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter L words found on the worksheet.
Finger Tracing:Trace letter L's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Children can trace and color the letter L's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the lily, and write the word lily on the margin.
Handwriting worksheet tips:
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly.
During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Have the children find all the letter L's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them.
Children ages 3+:
Letter L words: Letter L Worksheet Program and Mini-Book (long a sound) can be used as part of program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
You can also display letter posters and coloring pages or make a letter A home or classroom book. For related images visit: Letter L printable activities.
Letter L Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four and six word search game features a lily and letter L words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a lily behind the page or print a lily coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw and color a lily and write letter L l.
Lily coloring pages:lily coloring pages Handprint Lilies Craft @ dltk-kids.com
Learn about flowers craft to learn about how plants grow, showcasing daylilies
Letter L coloring page
View alphabet set
Letter L Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Writing
Drawing & Writing Paper