Alphabet Letter M Moon
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
1. The moon is the planet's Earth natural satellite. A satellite is a heavenly body that moves around a planet or another larger body.
2. The moon revolves around the earth from west to east in about 28 days. The moon does not give off light. Instead, its shine comes from the light it reflects from the sun.
3. On July 20th, 1969 was the first manned moon landing on the Apollo 11 mission by American astronauts.
Visit the outer space theme to include this lesson plan and related activities.
Alphabet Activities > Letter M is for Moon
Children age 3 and under:
* Print a letter M coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block and this moon landing coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter M words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter M's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Letter M coloring page
Letter M Worksheet & Mini Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Writing
Drawing & writing paper
Astronaut & USA flag Moon landing:
Moon displayed in some
Halloween coloring pages