Alphabet > Letter N · All About Me > Science > Nutrition & Health > My Body > The Five Senses > Nose
Alphabet Letter N Nose
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
1. The nose is the part of the face on people and certain animals through which they breathe and smell.
2. The sense of smell. Example: My dog has a good nose for meat. The five senses are: sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste.
Online resource: Grade K Lesson plan > The Five Senses at sedl.org
3. The front part of something that sticks out. Example: The airplane's nose pointed upwards as it took off.
Alphabet Activity > Letter N is for Nose
Present and display the poster and distribute the coloring page or handwriting worksheet.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter N's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page (first presentation) or handwriting practice worksheet.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters, and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter N's: Have the children find all the letter N's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the letter N and nose image.
Letter N Worksheet and Mini Book: These materials can to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter N words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display posters and coloring pages or even make a letter N classroom book. Visit Letter N Printable Activities to make your selection.
Letter N Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The word search game features letter N words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw a face with a nose behind the page after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a face or faces with different noses and letter N handwriting practice.