Alphabet > Letter R · Animals > Birds > Farm > Chicken > Rooster [en español] · Holidays & Events > Various rooster - chicken events · Seasons > Spring · Autumn
Alphabet Letter R Rooster
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
theme for various activities.
Animals > Birds > Farm > Chicken > Rooster
A rooster is an adult male chicken or the male of other closely related birds, such as a pheasants. Visit the lesson plan activities to learn about chickens.
Alphabet Activities > Letter R is for Rooster
Present and display your option of letter R printable activities.
Children age 3 and under:
* Print a letter R coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and a rooster coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter R words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter R's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter R's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the rooster image. Write the word rooster on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Alphabet - beginning letter R sound > Letter R words: Letter R Worksheet and Mini-Book. These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related R words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
You can also display letter R posters and coloring pages or make a letter R classroom book. For related images visit: Letter R Printable Activities.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter R's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly. Count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter R's: Have the children find all the letter R's in upper and lower case on the worksheet and encourage them to circle them first.
Letter R Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four and six word search game features a rooster and letter R words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a rooster behind the page or print a rooster coloring page to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw and color a rooster and write letter R r.
|Age 3 & under
Letter R coloring page
Letter R Worksheet & Mini Book
D'Nealian and Standard block
View this alphabet set
Word search & writing
Drawing & Writing
Rooster coloring pages
Chicken coloring pages
1) Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
2) Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.