Learn About Rabbits
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
The rabbit >
- A rabbit is a small
mammal with long ears and long back legs for running or
Rabbits have soft fur and a short tail.
- They are herbivores with long front teeth.
- Some kinds of rabbits make tunnels or burrows in the ground.
- Rabbits are kept as pets and raised for their meat.
- Cottontails and hares are kinds of rabbits.
Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Rabbit
Skills: Problem solving, bilingual English and Spanish
Here is an online puzzle the children will enjoy with a fun rabbit image. The default puzzle is 6 pieces and adjustable.
Chinese New Year > The rabbit is one of the twelve animals represented in the Chinese zodiac.
Themes and habitats > Desert | Forest | Woodlands | Pets
The hare or jackrabbit >
- A hare or jackrabbit is a small mammal with long ears.
- Hares are large rabbits with very strong back legs used for jumping and running.
- They are swift, shy and have black markings in their fur.
- Hares are not kept as pets.
Read the differences
between a hare and rabbit.
Online resource > Information and photos at Wikipedia.org > hare or jackrabbit and arctic hare.
Themes and habitats: Desert, Arctic | Polar Theme & Forest | Mountain [Mountain Hare] | Tundra