Learn About Rabbits and Hares | Coloring Pages | Preschool Lesson Plan Printable ActivitiesYou are invited to meet the world of rabbits and hares. Visit the hare and rabbit sections for related activities, printable crafts and alphabet activities related to the hare and rabbit.
The rabbit >
- A rabbit is a small
mammal with long ears and long back legs for running or
Rabbits have soft fur and a short tail.
- They are herbivores with long front teeth.
- Some kinds of rabbits make tunnels or burrows in the ground.
- Rabbits are kept as pets and raised for their meat.
- Cottontails and hares are kinds of rabbits.
Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Rabbit
Skills: Problem solving, bilingual English and Spanish
Here is an online puzzle the children will enjoy with a fun rabbit image. The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the change cut button to change shape and number of pieces.
Online resource > Information and photos Wikipedia.org
Chinese New Year > The rabbit is one of the twelve animals represented in the Chinese zodiac.
Themes and habitats > Desert | Forest | Woodlands | Pets
The hare or jackrabbit >
- A hare or jackrabbit is a small mammal with long ears.
- Hares are large rabbits with very strong back legs used for jumping and running.
- They are swift, shy and have black markings in their fur.
- Hares are not kept as pets.
Read the differences
between a hare and rabbit.
Online resource > Information and photos at Wikipedia.org > hare or jackrabbit and arctic hare.
Themes and habitats: Desert, Arctic | Polar Theme & Forest | Mountain [Mountain Hare] | Tundra