Bible Psalm 34:8 | Watermelon
Craft Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
Ages: 3 to 6 Level: Preschool and
Kindergarten, VBS, Sunday school
Important Note: The suggested discussion is only a generic guide. Please adjust the presentation of the Bible passage or stories based on your particular religious denomination. It would be wise if you have any doubts, to also discuss with your spiritual guide: priest, pastor, or reverend, to also help you in conducting any of the Bible activities.
Activity > Willy Watermelon craft
Materials for coloring and crafting:
- white paper or cardstock
- coloring tools
- glue stick
- Complete the craft using the instructions at dltk-teach.com.
- Use the black & white version preferably with children 3+ and older to encourage creativity and use of coloring tools.
- Children under five may need assistance with scissor cutting.
Activity > Bible discussion Psalm 34:8
Write this green edge of the finished
craft: "Oh taste and see the the Lord is good."
Psalm 34:8 and have the children repeat with you. Try to
sing it to any tune or melody!
Read the following passage
from your own Bible or here is the passage @ biblegateway > Psalm
Version 1: "O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that thrusteth in him."
Version 2: "Taste and see the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."
- This passage gives an opportunity to talk to young children using sensory perceptions (a tasty watermelon) about the goodness of God and the meaning of trust.
- Use your own judgment as to how to explain in simple words how God's presence is in all the good tasty things that he has created.
- We should always be thankful for the wonderful and tasty
things God has created for He is in all good things around us.