Alphabet > Letter L | | Letter M | Character Education > Story time | Fables | Animals > Mammals > Lion > Mouse | Holidays & Events > Jun > Zoo & Aquarium Month | Dec 27th > Visit the Zoo Day
The Lion and the Mouse Fable
and Lesson Plan Printable Activities for Preschool
- coloring tools
I suggest a good place to start is to explain or review in simple terms what is a fable.
fable - story that teaches a lesson: a short story with a moral, especially one in which the characters are animals.
Children love fables because most of them feature animals as the main characters.
Here is a list of activities and resources:
- Read - print, and a video version @ YouTube
Discuss the lesson of this fable and maybe you can discuss real life situations that apply to it.
- Fable poster: Print and exhibit in a flannel board, poster board or easel in color or black & white to color.
- Coloring pages > The Lion and the Mouse
- Printable Activity Party Sets > These sets can be used as part of the presentation of the fable. The sets are available in color or black and white so the children can color and decorate them.
- Alphabet printable lesson plan activities > L is for Lion and M is for Mouse
- Printable crafts > Select a printable craft in the lion and and mouse theme.