Holidays & Events > Oct. 21st > Reptile Awareness Day
Alligator Printable Puzzles | Homemade Toy
Preschool Lesson Plan Activities
children 18 months to 6 years old.
Print your choice of Stage 1, 2,
3 or 4.
These printable animal puzzles are designed to grow with your child's abilities.
- paper or card stock
- pen or fine tip marker
- Used envelope for storing the puzzle
- Optional: laminate
18 to 24 months approx
2+ to 3 years approx
3+ to 4 years approx
4+ to 6 years approx
Letter A Alligator printable activities
- Review letter A alligator lesson plan: It includes simple animal facts, a picture book on video and letter A activities.
- Mimic the movements or sounds that the animal might make.
- Give a special name that starts with the first letter in the animals word. This will make the animal puzzle more special to the child and reinforce the alphabet letter, for example: Al the Alligator
- Ask what colors are in the animals body and count the pieces out loud.
- Present the puzzle to the child and allow child to put it together, and show briefly the small image on the upper left corner of the template so the child has a glimpse of the finished puzzle.
- Alphabet practice: Write the letter "A a" one or two times in each piece and ask the child to search for the hidden letters in the puzzle. Try using a pen or fine-tip marker in a color that closely matches the puzzle.
- Encourage child to store puzzle away after s/he is done (see recommendations for storage below)
Tips on how to store the puzzles:
- Glue or tape the small image (in the left-upper corner of the template) to an envelope. You can use those large left-over greeting card envelopes (from Christmas for example), usually these are bigger or create custom made envelopes by folding a piece of paper in half, close sides with tape.