Let's have some fun with vegetables today, have an indoor or outdoor picnic.
- paper or card stock
- coloring tools for black & white templates
Share some facts about theses
vegetables. Show the children fun and easy recipes and plan
on making one soon! Facts and images @ Wikipedia for: Broccoli - Carrots - Leafy green veggie: Lettuce or a bunch of Spinach.
For this presentation it would be great to have the actual vegetables on hand to touch, hold and smell, as well as some cut-up vegetables ready for snack with the children's favorite dressing, dip or just their favorite yogurt.
The veggie basket craft will help the children remember these vegetables, and it can be used as a note holder or just as a cute decoration.
- Print the templates of your choice in color or black and
> The black and white version is more challenging so they can color or paint.
> The basket can be printed onto any color of construction paper or card stock, and then the vegetables in black and white.
- Cut out images, older children may be able to practice their scissor
cutting skills particularly with the basket image.
> You can choose to cut out the basket to make a nice decoration or simply leave as is and the children can glue the vegetables.
- Glue vegetables to the basket.
- Write the first letter of the vegetable on the images.
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.
Other decorations and ideas for the craft:
- Tape a ribbon, string or a piece of magnet to back to use as decoration or ornament.
- Affix a post-it note pad to the front of the basket.
- Picture books about fruits and vegetable > some have video.
- Alphabet and related coloring pages >