This activity will help children learn shapes, colors
and how shapes create things. Present or reinforce letter H is for House or Home.
You can also focus on other themes such as: My Home, a season, weather conditions or a holiday event, such a winter holiday or other special holiday your family celebrates to portray in the house scene.
- coloring tools for B&W template
- glue stick
- Additional materials suggested below
- Print templates of your choice and positioning guide. The B&W version allows for more creativity for older children to decorate the shape pieces separately with a variety of materials, then cut out and glue to the house positioning guide.
- Suggestion: Print positioning template on light blue paper for a blue sky background.
- Color if applicable.
- Cut out the house shapes. Adult assistance may be needed.
- Learning activities: Identify colors and shapes on the templates.
- Apply glue to the positioning guide, pasting larger pieces first.
- Paste large house square.
- Paste large triangle roof.
- Paste window squares.
- Paste door rectangle.
- Paste brown squares
- Paste tree triangles
- Paste cloud.
Ideas for extended learning:
Seasons and Weather: Decide on what season and weather conditions you
would like to portray for the house scene. Select materials, colors and textures based on
your scene choice.
Holidays: Make use of small stickers to add interest to the scene too emphasize a holiday.
Set wooden blocks or Lego blocks for children to make
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.