- white paper or light blue paper
- coloring tools in primary colors for tracing B&W
- glue stick
- Print template.
- Idea: print to light blue paper for a sky background -- add clouds with strands of cotton balls.
- Trace the balloon's outline in clockwise motion in the primary colors indicated. Tracing is an effective pre-writing skill.
- Identify each shape and color
- Count the shapes > optional > write numbers in front or behind the shapes
- Cut out the shapes
- Match and paste the shapes on the dotted areas
- Craft version: cut around, and add a string or ribbon loop for an ornament or decoration
Resources: Hot Air Balloon lesson plan
1) Adjust margins if you have trouble fitting the template on one page, review Print Help for suggestions.
3) Click on the image in the bottom half of the screen to make that frame active. Then use the print function on your browser to print the active frame.