Alphabet Letter K Kite Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Sports and Games > Toy > Kite >
- A kite is a light frame covered with paper, plastic or
cloth that is flown in the air at the end of a string.
- A kite is a tethered aircraft,
and an important precursor for the advancement in air transportation,
weather forecasting, and science.
- Kites in present times is most often used as a toy, a sport,
and to celebrate cultural holidays.
- Kites were probably first used and invented in China.
- The kite is inducted in National Toy Hall of Fame. Kite > Wikipedia.org
Letter K coloring page
Review this alphabet set
Letter K Worksheet & Mini Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Writing
Drawing · Writing Paper
Kite coloring pages
- coloring & writing tools
Alphabet Activities > Letter K is for Kite
Present and display your option of alphabet printable activities listed.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print a letter K coloring page and a kite coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter K words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter K's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter K's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the kite coloring page. Write the word kite on the margins.
Children Ages 3+:
Finger and Pencil Tracing:
* Trace letter K's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your choice of coloring page or handwriting worksheet.
* Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter,
and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the
letter correctly. During the demonstration, count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the
number order aids them in the writing process.
* Find the letter K's: Have the children find all the letter K's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
* Coloring or Painting Activity: Encourage the children to color the letter K and kite image.
Letter K words: Letter K Worksheet and Mini Book. These materials can be used as part of Letter K program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related K words. Suggested instructions for use here.
Discuss the letter K words and images found on the worksheet. You can also display letter K posters and coloring pages or make a letter K classroom book. For related images visit: Letter K Printable Activities.
Letter K Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four word search game features a kite and letter K words with pictures and handwriting practice.Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw and color a kite behind the lined paper or select and print a kite coloring page to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a kite and practice writing letter K k.