Alphabet > Letter R | Animals > Mammals > Farm > Forest > Pets > Rabbit | Holidays & Events > Rabbit events (various)
Alphabet Letter R Rabbit
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
themed activities and/or crafts.
Alphabet Activity > Letter R is for Rabbit
Present the letter R rabbit six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter R in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Present and display your option of letter R alphabet and handwriting printable materials listed in the materials column.
Children age 3 and under:
* Print a letter R coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font. Select and print a rabbit coloring page image on the blank side of the letter R coloring image that is age appropriate and/or related to a holiday that you may be celebrating (Easter).
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter R's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can color and trace the letter R's following instructions. Use finger paints, crayons or water colors. Paste the small image sticker found on the rabbit craft template of your choice. Write the word rabbit on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+: Alphabet - beginning letter R sound > Present the letter R activity worksheet and mini-book. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
You can also display other R posters and coloring pages or even make a letter R classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit letter R printable materials to make your choice.
Handwriting Worksheet > Preschool - Kindergarten
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter R's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their handwriting practice worksheet.
Find the letter R's: Have the children find all the letter R's in upper and lower case on the worksheet words and encourage them to circle these first.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters, and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Letter R Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four and six word search game features a rabbit and letter R words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Writing Kindergarten/Grade 1:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper or spring rabbits lined-writing paper. Encourage children to draw a rabbit behind the page or print a rabbit coloring page to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper Encourage children to draw and color a rabbit and write letter R r.
R Rabbit online jigsaw puzzle
Age 3 & under
Letter R coloring page
Letter R Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word search & writing
Drawing | Writing Paper
Spring rabbits writing paper
Rabbit coloring pages