Alphabet > Crafts > Letter S · Animals > Reptiles > Snake - Serpent · Colors > Green · Holidays & Observances > Jan or Feb > Chinese New Year · Feb 1st > Serpent Day · Oct 21st > Reptile Appreciation Day
Rattlesnake Paper Tube Craft · Snake Theme Activity
- toilet paper tube (small snake), paper towel tube (large snake)
- coloring tools for B&W template
- glue stick
- masking tape
- Use a toilet paper tube (for a small snake) or a paper towel tube (for a large snake).
- Cut out two circles two circles with construction paper that are larger than the openings of the tube. Cover one end first using masking tape, place some small items inside the tube to make a rattling sound, cover the other end.
- Cut a piece of any color of construction paper that will cover the tube, but don't tape or glue yet.
- Demonstrate to the child how to write the letter Ss on the construction paper you will use to cover the tube. Tell child the letter S looks like a snake. Write the letter S with dots and the child can try to connect them. Do 4 or 5 S's on the construction paper for practice. Children can also practice later on the handwriting worksheets.
- Children can now decorate the construction paper piece with crayons, markers or glue pieces of cut up paper, etc., then glue or tape to the tube.
- Cut out two eyes or past plastic wiggly eyes, a 2 inch tongue and tail out of construction paper and glue unto the tube ends. It's done, now shake your rattle snake!
- Learn about Snakes > A fun video story, basic facts, observe and hear snakes.
- Printable Activities > Alphabet
Letter S Snake printable activities & ratlesnake coloring pages
Visit this lesson plan to present letter S for different age levels.