This is a fun craft, but it does require some adult assistance to complete. It is a companion for presenting Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater nursery rhyme activities. It is a pumpkin with an image of Peter on the pumpkin. Peter's wife is a craft stick puppet that slides through an opening in the pumpkin to mimic her living inside. Peter and his wife are two young pilgrims to tie to the autumn celebration of Thanksgiving.
- white paper or card stock
- coloring tools for B&W template
- 1 craft stick
- Print your choice of template, preferably to cardstock paper.
- Adult: Cuts out the rectangular opening as indicated in the pumpkin template.
- Fold the opening on the dotted line.
- Glue or tape Peter's wife to a craft stick.
- Insert and slide the puppet through the opening in the back of the pumpkin.
- It helps to line the opening and the head of the puppet with clear tape; it alows the puppet to slide easier.
- The craft is ready to reenact the nursery rhyme.
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.