Let's have some fun with dairy products, and even have a picnic. This activity is suitable for preschool and kindergaten.
- paper or card stock
Review the complimentary activities below for information and nutritional resources about the dairy food group, and the cow.
For this presentation it would be great to have the actual products on hand to sample, always considering alternatives for someone with allergies or lactose intolerance.
The craft will help the children remember this food group, it can be as cute decoration or the option of a gift with recipe cards..
- Print the templates of your choice, these are only available in color.
- Option 1: Cut out images, and assemble as shown..
- Option 2: The basket turns into "envelope" for the recipe cards.
- Glue basket templates back to back only on the edges leaving an opening on the top (handle). Apply glue up to where the handles start.
- Assemble and glue images in template 2 on one side of the basket.
- Ahead of time, adult can help write a simple favorite dairy recipes: smoothies, milk shakes, etc. or leave blank. Insert the cards inside the basket.
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.
Option 1: template
Option 2: template 1 & template 2
Extras: additional recipe cards
Other decorations and ideas for the craft:
- Tape a ribbon, string or a piece of magnet to back to use as decoration or ornament.
- Dairy food group information @ choosemyplate.gov
- Alphabet and related coloring pages >