Centipede crafty printable activity to help children identify and learn letter C (soft C sound), colors, and the circle shape. This activity is suitable for preschool, kindergarten and early elementary grades. Visit related themes for additional resources and activities. The centipede is formed with color circles within a letter C.
- white paper, or
- light blue paper or lightweight construction paper sized to fit computer for background positioning template
- coloring tools for the B&W template
- Instead of the circles template, use left over color paper and a 1.5 inch circle punch/cutter
- glue stick
- Print templates needed, or use a circle punch/cutter for circles template
- Paste color circles on the positioning template starting with the head to form the letter C.
- Discuss colors. Discuss that centipedes have many legs, therefore, are not insects. Insects have six legs.
- Print positioning template, and add eyes and smile on the face with a permanent marker.
- Insert into a page protector.
- Use fingerpaints in primary colors: red, yellow and blue only and have children color in that sequence.
- Later proceed with a color mixing activity to obtain secondary colors: orange, green, purple.
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.