Themes > Alphabet > Letter A - Apple · Nutrition > Fruits · Plants > Trees · Picnic · Seasons > Spring - Autumn
Holidays & Events > Mar > Nat'l Nutrition Month - Johnny Appleseed Day (Mar 11th) or Sep 26th - Apr > Arbor Day - Jun > Fruit & Vegetables Month
Turn a coloring page into a fun crafty project with a few items and printing in something other than white paper. This one can be used to depict Johnny Appleseed resting under an apple tree or a picnic scene.
Artist: Emmeline at age 5 in 2015
- light blue paper or lightweight construction paper sized to fit computer
- coloring tools
- a choice of one of these methods to paste apples to the tree:
- apple stickers (as depicted)
- fingerprint apples using washable paint or ink pad
- red dot marker / bingo maker
- cut red circles using a coin as a template, or trace over the tree and color them in
- glue stick, optional if pasting paper cut apples
- Print out the coloring page to light blue paper. Review similar coloring pages below.
- Color the image. Children should have a variety of coloring tools to have fun
- Apples: Decide on a number of apples to paste or dot in. Five apples for children under age 4. Up to ten apples for ages 4+, and practice counting.
- Add letter A and the word apple to the page (optional).
- Apple theme lesson plan: includes apple nutrition and other ideas.