This is Activity Day #1 of Letter A Impact Poster Lesson Plan
- paper or card stock
- coloring tools for B&W template
- glue stick
- a selection of apples
- Review craft ideas below for additional materials.
apple is a firm, round fruit with juicy white flesh and
red, green, or yellow skin. It is also the name of the tree
on which this fruit grows.
- One small apple counts as one cup of fruit.
Activity > Letter A
Apple printable lesson plan activities
This lesson plan includes various printable activities to recognize and write letter A.
Activity > Biographies & Legends > View this video of Johnny Appleseed, an American legend.
Activity > Crafts > Apple Theme and Apple Tree
Review and select an apple theme crafty activity below that is age appropriate:
Appleseed crafty coloring page project
Resource: YouTube Disney classic video depiction of the American legend, Johnny Appleseed
- Apple & leaf pattern: This is great for toddlers. Fill and paste any remnants of yellow, light green, or red paper. Color the leaf, cut out, and assemble.
prints place mat: Cut an apple in half and dip in red, green,
yellow paint to make apple prints on light colored construction
paper. When paint is dry, add leaves, smile, eyes and letter A
noses. Optional > laminate.
- DLTK's printable Awesome Apple craft
Activity > Physical Activity > Active
Apple coloring page: When presenting this
coloring page address that eating nutritious foods and exercise are
both important for good health.
Snacks: apple sauce, cut-up apples
External resource: Apples and more courtesy of the University of Illinois extension.