Alphabet Letter V Van
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Transportation > Automobile or Truck > Van
* Print a letter V coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block and a van coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter V words found on the worksheet. * Finger Tracing: Trace letter V's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Children can trace and color the letter V's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the van coloring page and write letter V v and the word van on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
1. Letter V Van Flash Card and Van Craft > Visit this activity to recognize, trace letter V and make a van craft.
2. Letter V words: Letter V Worksheet and Mini Book These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related V words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter V's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters, and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter V's: Have the children find all the letter V's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the image in the coloring page or worksheet.
Discuss other letter V words and images found in the worksheet: Display other V posters and coloring pages or even make a letter V classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit Letter V Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter V Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four word search game features a van and letter V words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a van behind the page or print a van coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a van and write letter V v.
1) Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
2) Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.
Letter V -- Land Transport >