Bible > Holidays > Mar | Apr > Easter > Palm Sunday | Oct 2nd > World Farm Animals Day - Dec 25th> Christmas > The Nativity | Transportation > Land Transport
Alphabet Letter D Donkey
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Here are printable activities and some
suggestions to present letter D. Visit donkey
theme activities and crafts.
Here is an online jigsaw puzzle the children will enjoy featuring a letter D Donkey. The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the 'Change Cut' button to change shape and number of pieces.
Alphabet Activity > Letter D is for Donkey > Present, display and distribute your option of letter D printable activities.
Children age 3 and under:
* Print letter D coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and a donkey coloring image behind it or attach next to the letter D. Discuss other letter D words found on the worksheet and word search.
* Finger Tracing > Trace letter D's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can color and trace the letter D's. After coloring the letter, encourage children to color the donkey image. Write the word donkey on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+
Letter D Worksheet and Mini-Book program: These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter D words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display letter D posters and coloring pages or make a letter D classroom book. For related images visit: letter D printable activities.
Finger and Pencil Tracing:
Trace letter D's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on the worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter D's: Have the children find all the letter D's in upper and lower case on the worksheet and encourage them to circle or trace them.
Letter D Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four and eight word search game features the donkey and letter D words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw a donkey behind the lined paper or select and print a donkey coloring page behind the lined-paper to color after writing practice.
Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a donkey and practice writing letter D d.
1) Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
2) Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.