Holidays & Events > Apr 22nd > Earth Day | Arbor Day (last Friday) - Jun 5th > World Environment Day
Letter T Tree
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Activity > Science > Plants > Trees >
A tree is a woody plant that has a long main trunk and many branches. Trees usually grow quite tall.
- coloring & writing supplies
- Optional: sheet protectors for worksheets
Letter T coloring page
Letter T Worksheet & Mini Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Writing
Drawing | Writing Paper
Trees coloring pages
Activities > Letter T is for Tree
Present and display your option of alphabet letter T Tree printable materials listed in the materials column:
Children Age 3 and under:
- Print letter T coloring page D'Nealian or Standard
Block font and a tree
coloring image behind it or on a separate page if using paints to
decorate later. Discuss other letter T words found on the worksheet.
- Finger Tracing: Trace letter T's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the
letter. Invite the children to do the same on their oloring
- Children can trace and color the letter T's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the garden image. Write letter T t and the word tree on the finished coloring page.
Ages 3+ to 6:
Present the Letter T Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materialscan be used to reinforce letter recognition, initial handwriting practice and to identify related T words.
Display letter T posters and coloring pages or make a letter T classroom book. For related images visit: letter T printable activities.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace the letter T's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page or handwriting worksheet.
Encourage children to trace the dotted letter, and demonstrate the direction and numbers on the arrows that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the tree image with a variety of materials.
Letter T Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four and six word search game features a tree and letter T words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a tree behind the page or print a tree coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a tree and write letter T t.