Leopard Theme Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities, Crafts and Stories
Young children will have fun with engaging activities and a craft about the leopard. During the process many skills and educational themes can be addressed. Other printable support materials and links to related activities are provided. Let's get started.
Activities: Learning about the Leopard > Endangered
1. Science and social studies objectives:
- Define and understand the terms:
- extinct: to die out, there aren't any left alive.
- endangered species: when an animal or plant species is in danger of becoming extinct.
- Identify ways people help protect these living things so that they are not endangered or become extinct.
- Identifying an endangered animal: the leopard.
- Identifying at least one endangered animal in your geographical area, country or region. Learn a few facts about this animal.
- Ask the children if they have ever seen a real a and discuss comments.
- What do they know about leopards.
- Do they have a favorite leopard story, TV or movie character.
2. Discuss some simple facts about leopard:
- The leopard is large mammal closely related to lions, tigers and jaguars.
- Leopards live in Southern Asia, the Middle East and Africa. The leopard is endangered in Africa and Asia. Leopards are carnivores.
- The leopard's coat is cream yellow in the belly, and orange brown on its back. The eyes are golden-green. The spots are described as rosettes.
- Leopards with very dark fur are called black leopards or black panthers.
- Online resources > Leopard @ Wikipedia.org
National Geographic Kids > leopard, snow leopard
Activity: Letter L is for Leopard alphabet lesson plan printable activitiesLeopard & matching coloring page.
Children will enjoy this fun image. Skills: Problem solving, bilingual English and Spanish The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the change cut button to change shape and number of pieces.
Leopard coloring page for puppet and display
This coloring page can be printed on sturdy card stock paper to make a puppet. Color, cut out and attach a craft stick to the back. View all leopard coloring pages.
L. Alphabet Buddy Craft @ dltk-teach.com
All you need is a printer, paper or construction paper, glue stick, scissors and something to color with.
craft assembly conduct some of the learning activities suggested
for the craft which may include: identify colors, number and count the craft templates.
- Skills developed during craft assembly: Scissor cutting and coloring are precursors to handwriting, problem solving, fine motor skills.
Activity: Aesop Fable > The Fox and the Leopard