Alphabet Letter V Vine Bible Alphabet
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
- coloring & writing supplies
- sheet protectors for handwriting worksheets for repeated use
This activity is part of the Bible alphabet A to Z available in D'Nealian and Standard block handwriting formats.
Science > Plants > Vine and Vineyard
A vine is a climbing or trailing plant, such as grapes or ivy. A vineyard is a plantation of grape-bearing vines for the production of wine, juice, and other related grapes products. Vine, Vineyard, Vitis (grapevines) at Wikipedia.org.
Children Ages 3 and under:
Print a letter V coloring page D'Nealian or Standard
Block and a vine coloring page
behind it or on a
separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss
other letter V words found on the worksheet.
Children can trace and color the letter V's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the coloring page and write letter V and the word vine on the margin.
Handwriting worksheet tips:
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly.
During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Have the children find all the letter V's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them.
Children ages 3+:
Letter V words: Letter V Worksheet Program and Mini-Book can be used as part of program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
You can also display letter posters and coloring pages or make a letter V home or classroom book. For related images visit: Letter V printable activities.
Letter V Word Search & Handwriting Practice > The four-word search game features letter V words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a vine behind the page or print a vine coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a vine and write letter V.Bible activities:
1. "I am the Vine; You Are the Branches." John15:1-5 Visit this activity with grapes to incorporate this passage.
2. "A Story About Vineyard Workers" Read Matthew 20:1-16 (ICB)
Letter G grapes
Letter V Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Handwriting
Drawing & Writing Paper