- paper or card stock
- coloring tools
- Optional - stickers and two brass fasteners for wheels
activities will help children learn letter T, beginning writing skills (tracing), scissor cutting skills, problem solving
(assembly of the craft).
The upper portion of the activity worksheet is a foldable flash card, the lower portion is a craft to trace, color and assemble.
Craft Instructions and Learning Activities:
- Print template: This activity worksheet is more
effective and durable printed on stiff paper or card stock. To
add interest, print on pastel colors.
If working with a group, print one for display and for instruction. Distribute only the upper portion (flash card and tracer as one piece).
Tell the children they are going to play different games with a tractor theme. They need to listen and follow instructions for the game.
- Game 1: Trace and Say the Letter - Assemble the flash
- Trace the large dotted letter (left) and sound out the word tractor and point to the image (right side).
- Have the children trace the dotted letter with their finger first. Instruct to trace with coloring pencil or crayon.
- Color the image on the right.
- Instruct children (or help) fold on the center line and apply
glue. One side of the card will show the tracer and the other
side the tractor picture.
- Game 2: Craft - Trace, cut and assemble the craft
The lower part of the worksheet is an easy craft that will provide opportunities to trace, cut (scissor skills) and creativity in coloring, decorating and assembly (small motor skills).
Distribute the craft portion:
- Instruct the children to trace along the dashed lines of the different pieces in their favorite colors.
- Color, fill and decorate the pieces.
- Cut out the pieces.
- Instruct to assemble. Refer to the image in the flash card.