Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and Star Light, Star Bright are probably two of the most known and loved nursery
Activity 1 > Music: Twinkle, Twinkle, a Little bit of
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star's music was composed by Wolfgang
Amadeus Mozart, the great composer and child prodigy. Select a musical instrument here, and then select to 'listen' and it will play Twinkle, Twinkle as one of the selections.
Activity 2 > Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Nursery Rhyme and
Music (Optional: Star Bright, Star Light)
nursery rhyme posters of your choice. Make sure child understands the meaning
of all the words. Identify colors in the
Here are music videos @ YouTube to sing-along with:
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- Star Light, Star Bright
Activity 3 > Craft 1 > Easy Shapes Star Craft (10 piece)In this activity
children will have fun practicing shapes: circle, triangle,
Tell the children they will make a Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Have the children hold their finished star as they sing your choice
of nursery rhyme.
Note: If presenting this activity for a Christmas
theme, present the significance of the star as it relates to the
- Print and cut out the template of your choice in color or black
and white version on paper, card stock or on yellow construction paper.
- Learning activities before assemby > counting and sorting
- Ask and help children to identify the shapes.
- Count and sort the shapes by type.
- Write the number 1 - 5 on the back of the triangles and 6 & 7
on the circles, 8 on the crescent and 9 & 10 on the oval eyes.
- Children can color and paste facial features first on the large circle.
- Encourage to glue the template pieces
to a piece of paper (dark blue) or to the large circle edges. Use the small image provided on the template as a guideline.
- Children can add glitter glue or small pieces of
aluminum foil to embellish the star.
- If assembled directly on the circle you can make a
little hole and tie a ribbon or string to hang as a holiday ornament or
glue a craft stick/Popsicle stick to make a hand puppet
- To reinforce, read and sing the rhyme again after the craft has been
completed, and read at least once a day during the
week using the rhyme poster and finished craft
- Place the finished craft in a place of honor at child's eye
Activity 3 > Craft 2 > Easy Star Craft (6 piece)
This is an easier star for younger children, ages 3 and under. The star is one piece.
- Have the children position the features first over the star.
- Leave them in place
- Lift one by one, add a bit of glue and paste each one at a time from the top down.eyes, eyebrow to the mouth.
Alphabet > Letter
S Star or Starfish Printable Activities
Outer space and sky theme:
Discuss what is a star and that we live in one of the planets,
Nursery Rhyme coloring pages:
Children can enjoy having the nursery rhyme read again during the
week or at bedtime after a coloring activity. The coloring
page are available with text or no text in the materials column.
Christmas Holiday > Epiphany | Three Kings Day
These two nursery rhymes and the star theme craft (The
Star of Bethlehem) are appropriate to commemorate the feast of Epiphany on January 6 > Twelfth Day > Relating to the Magi | Three Wise Men follow a
Star to visit Baby Jesus (Matthew
Include a Bible reading and
discussion related to a star as it is represented during Christmas
festivities. Use Bible theme coloring pages for display, found in the materials column.
Bible alphabet > W
is for Wise Men
Wise Men follow a star to visit Baby
Starfish > Adapt this craft for use as a starfish, and
decorate accordingly and paste to light blue paper for an
"under the sea" theme.
Shapes Star Craft
Black & White
Black & White
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
text | no
Light, Star Bright
text | no
S Star or Starfish activities
Alphabet printable activities
is for Wise men
The First Christmas
with text |
Wise Men Visit Baby
with text |
* white paper or card stock
*something color with: crayon, markers