Inventions Kids Love > Toys and Games > Kite theme | Online Story time | Weather
Activity: Literacy: Read > Go
Fly a Kite an online story (or the book version) ages 3+
A fantasy day story with grandpa flying a kite.
Here are topics and themes to discuss after reading the online story:
- Climate and Weather Conditions:
* Ask what helps the kite fly? Wind.
* Could the kite fly without wind?
- Shapes & Colors
* Discuss the shape of the kite?
* The diamond shape - the diamond shape is the perfect shape for a kite, it helps it fly.
* What other shape can you see inside the kite? 4 triangles.
* What color is the kite?
Safety, history of kites, multicultural celebrations: Visit
this kite theme lesson plan to learn about kite flying safety,
view real images of kites around the world, and assemble an easy
homemade kite that flies!
Activity: Alphabet Activities > K is for Kite Activities (Ages 3 - 6)
Choose activity #4 or #5 or conduct each one on separate days to reinforce Letter K practice.
Activity 4: Decorating a Kite: All ages (Reinforce Letter K)
- Print this kite coloring page, write a large and bold letter K and the word kite in the margin. Suggestion: Print onto light blue paper for a sky background.
- Prepare a container or tray with a variety of materials to decorate: crayons, markers, pencils, cut-up construction paper, tissue paper, stickers.
- Shapes: Discuss the kite is a diamond shape. Identify and count the six triangles that form the bows in the kite's tail.
Print this adorable craft from dltk-holidays.com in your choice of color or coloring version. Practice counting the pieces, scissor cutting skills, colors and more.