Each book is complemented with printable mouse activities and crafts, and related educational materials and lesson plans.
- paper, construction paper or card stock
- coloring tools for black & white templates
Description: Cute and curious white mice explore with paint to discover new colors by
mixing primary colors and make secondary colors. They are also careful
and clever to outsmart the cat.
Skills: Color recognition, science > color mixing: how to mix primary colors to obtain secondary colors. Learn color words.
Materials and Preparation:
- Select and print a black and white mouse craft template or coloring page for the children and gather materials listed in the lesson plan.
- Color mixing
lesson plan: print color
mixing poster and color mixing activity worksheet for the children.
- Print the Mouse Paint color flashcards Page 1 | Page 2 to display on a flannel board as you read the story.
- Read the story and use mouse paint color flash cards to help present the colors in the sequence in which they appear in the book. For use with a felt board, glue a piece of sandpaper to the back of each card.
- Present the color mixing activity.
- Distribute a black & white mouse craft template.
- Divide the children into three color teams (orange, green and purple).
- Each team will mix colors and paint the mouse craft templates or coloring page with their team color.
- Cut out and assemble mouse craft.
- Read Mouse Paint one more time and children will hold their mouse craft and stand up when their secondary color is mentioned in the story.
Color words: Kindergarten - 1st grade practice writing color words with these worksheets